Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

@JCG posted:

Question for our Conservative brethren:

A guy on a lefty podcast yesterday (Pod Save America) said something to the effect of this:  If you did a Venn diagram where one circle was people who believe that masks should not be worn and the pandemic is just a means to take down DJT, and a second circle was people who believe that Global Climate Change is a hoax, the circles would intersect almost perfectly.

True?

This is the kind of obnoxious, condescending, insulting question that offends people and keeps the country divided. Each side looks for the worst possible way to position the other sides view to the point where it isn’t even recognizable.  

I don’t like wearing a mask. I don’t wear it when I’m not required to do so. I do a very good job of staying six feet away from people in public. I don’t argue with store employees who tell me I have to wear a mask. The left would label this as anti mask even though I’m not causing any problems or getting near anyone. 

I don’t believe COVID would be any different with a different president. Fauci would have screwed up regardless of whom he’s advising. I don’t believe Trump has done a good job of communicating to the country during COVID. But, on a personal level I’ve never seen the president as my daddy or mommy to console me. I do believe the Democrats actions or non actions are geared towards COVID doing enough damage to the economy to prevent Trump from being re-elected. Anyone who doesn’t think COVID hasn’t become political is blind. So once again, I must be that far right radical as I can see the obvious. 

I don’t believe climate change is a hoax. I also don’t believe it’s the end of the world the left is promoting it to be. The Paris Accord was irrelevant when  Russia, China, India and Iran weren’t all in. I guess this logic makes me an extremist to the left. I’m not interested in feel good virtue signaling. I’m interested in intelligent ideas that create solutions. 

While the logic of my response would have lefties thinking I’m an extremist I’m a right leaning libertarian. I’ve been called a commie by far right extremists. I’m a big believer government should be limited. People should be allowed to live their lives as they please as long as it doesn’t harm the general public.

As far as masks go, if a person believes they will be harmed, stay home. Let others live their life as they choose. On the flip side for those who are against masks, when forced to wear one I advise findIng a bigger battle on a bigger hill to die on.

As far as Washington and the moronic radio/tv talks shows go the problem is the US only has a far right and a far left. We need four parties and coalitions built to get things done. We need a center-right and a center-left. Those two would be the coalition that gets things done. The far right and far left could then go play with themselves in the corner. 

The need for four or more parties is why I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016. I never believed he had a chance to win. But I wanted the Libertarian Party to get 5% of the vote and qualify for presidential campaign perks in 2020.

I will vote for Trump in November. I believe he did a good job up to COVID. COVID isn’t his fault. What he did wrong was how he addressed the country and fought with reporters in pressers. Trump is the guy who can bring the economy back and beyond. He’s the guy you don’t fire even though you don’t like him. He’s like the jerk with the 95+ fastball. Produce and I’ll tolerate you. Worse, I can’t imagine how BIden would destroy the economy. Biden is almost five decades of political mediocrity. 

Last edited by RJM