Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

@cabbagedad posted:

I work with many colleges, most of which have some hybrid model in mind.  Also, most plan on accommodating students who prefer the online option at this time.  I think this is an appropriate course of action based on the current set of circumstances.  However, I would somewhat question your statement that nobody is going to force you to send your kids to school.  Last week, Trump tweeted this and DeVos echoed this directive in a subsequent interview... sure sounds like some in  very high positions want to force you.. doesn't it sound like that to you?

"In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!"

There are options if you don’t like what your public school district is offering. You have a choice of whatever the public school is offering or you can home school or choose a private school. Nobody is forcing you to put your kid inside a classroom if you don’t want them there.