Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

But when the director of the CDC publishes a piece in JAMA, citing published studies, saying that everyone should wear masks, you don't like it. 

First, I think that you've confused me with someone else.  Never commented on that piece.  Please don't assign me things that I didn't say.  See, just because you feel like something is true, does not make it so.

Second, you're talking about an editorial, not research, not data.

Third, if you want to reference real research, I'll be happy to listen.  Then I'll examine and critique before forming an opinion.  You see, I choose to educate myself before forming an opinion, not decide my opinion and then look for support.

Fourth, are you aware of the WHO's Scientific Brief published just last week that documents that aerosol spread of Covid-19 is not common, and makes recommendations for wearing cloth masks in small, closed-in spaces spaces where social distancing is not possible.  They do not make any explicit recommendation  for masks in open air venues, or in well-ventilated buildings, schools, or grocery stores, etc. because the data does not support it.

Additionally they document that transmission is primarily from contact with droplets on surfaces after a person sneezes, coughs, speaks, or sings.  The exact opposite of what Fauci and Redfield did when testifying before congress (left their masks on while breathing, took them off to speak, touched the desk in front of them, touched their faces, didn't sterilize their hands in-between, all examples of what not to do).  I found it appalling when they did this as a "dog and pony show" to get American. to wear masks the wrong way.  The data tells us it is wrong, and they should know better.

Last edited by Pedaldad