Skip to main content

Reply to "Engineering Schools with Baseball"

I assume he is a 2017. Rose-hulman (Indiana I believe) is one of the country's premier engineering schools. Ratio of men/women skewed a bit.  If he wants a path which ends in a great job - though the school is in the northeast - the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (low end D3) in King's Point could be an option (or, even the other service academies [though those are D1)). Many D3s have 3-2 engineering programs which may or may not interest him.

Are you sure he isn't D1? His velo could be fine - especially if there appears more physical development may be coming.  If D1 is an option, Dartmouth, Cornell, Princeton produce baseball players who are also engineers (it's hard to do, but I know kids who graduated/will shortly graduate with engineering degrees).  The Patriot League - Bucknell for example - is also a possibility. His scores are good enough to pass admissions as a recruited player - and the Ivyies and Patriot leagues - haven't come close to finish recruiting for 2017s.

If he is a 2016, aren't you limited to the schools to which he applied? If so, which schools have offered him admission?

Last edited by Goosegg