Skip to main content

Reply to "Engineering Schools with Baseball"

dkraus posted:

Son is a senior and a lot of looks from liberal arts schools but he is studying engineering.  Excellent grades (2160 SAT) great bat, good corner and mid 80 right pitching.  Has been very difficult to find the right match between academics and baseball.  He is not D1 talent.  Also, trying to stay somewhat south because he had options in Boston but that was not of interest.

Are there any schools we may have missed.  With his grades he is not going Junior College and want a good academic school.  He is a young senior (17), 6'2" and 190 lbs so he can play but the mix is important

dkraus posted:

Son is a senior and a lot of looks from liberal arts schools but he is studying engineering.  Excellent grades (2160 SAT) great bat, good corner and mid 80 right pitching.  Has been very difficult to find the right match between academics and baseball.  He is not D1 talent.  Also, trying to stay somewhat south because he had options in Boston but that was not of interest.

Are there any schools we may have missed.  With his grades he is not going Junior College and want a good academic school.  He is a young senior (17), 6'2" and 190 lbs so he can play but the mix is important.

I almost thought you were talking about my son for a minute, right down to the age, size, height 6'3", SAT etc.  I would take a look at NYU, Lehigh, RPI, and WPI. All of these schools have great engineering departments and would fit the academic profile for your son. Good luck.