Skip to main content

Reply to "Enjoying the ride"

Haven't had much time to reply to the feeling evoked in this thread.Been traveling to see son, new puppy and a husband who needs bilateral hip replacements asap.

So I am enjoying the rainy day and catching up with old friends, bills, paperwork etc.

Baseball has been an incredible journey.Ive seen awesome things that none of us will forget.My own sons journey has been a long one with many obstacles as many of your own sons have faced.

The injury that took him out for last summer, and half of the Fall probably hurt his chance of the draft this year, and his stats dont bear out being drafted.

The season this year has been the toughest in so many ways.Cleveland dad, and Coach May have been friends in the truest sense of the word.

Since my son will 99.99 % be returning for his senior year I cant express my feelings in order to protect his future.I know that many people of high positions feel my son has a legit shot to get an opportunity at the next level, but we have no control.

This year my son faced the recovery of five day a week rehab along with practice, weights and 16 units.Fall was hell, no time at all with 5 hours of rehab on top of it all.

He persevered through it and early season when he found himself sitting on the bench.I cant discuss those days as they evoke emotions that cant be discussed at this time.

But something happened to us.Something has and is happening to my son.He has become a man.And I mean that with the utmost respect for him as a parent can have,I would have quit(and I am not a quitter).
I would of walked away and never looked back.

Through this journey we have learned so much.I really am considering writing a book from a moms point of view.LOL

Stats do not tell the picture of a young man who has had a season of drilling the ball right at people with nothing to show for it.ALL season long.And it happens in the pros as well.

But you cant control those things. A very professional baseball man who has been a friend in many ways.he told my son when things werent going well this " you cant control anything but your work ethic and preparation for the game, prepare the same everyday, take your hacks in the cages, be a team guy, be prepared always for when you get your chance, and that as hard as it is in college its tougher at the next level." He told him that nothing is always fair and that to stay in this game it is a mental battle that gets tougher as you go up.

My son took his advice, he persevered through unproven guys getting time over him and other veterans, and so much more that he took.As a mother I have to reserve myself on commenting any further.

As the season winds down, summer ball is on the horizon, and my dream is for my son to go to summer ball and have fun.He is going to a resort area, with 3,000 fans a night(dont have that at his college).I want him to love the game, as he once did as a little boy.After all that has gone on he still loves the game.That amazes me.

Yes the draft will be a disappointment for him,,his dream of his life will go by him for now,but God has his own plans.

Seeing Cory Hahn this weekend brought my emotions to the front.I watched my son healthy playing a game he has played since he could walk.And I now know that his fate is out of my hands.It never was in my hands.

I am so proud and in awe of all our boys for the hard work, injuries they have had to overcome other hardships they may or not be able to control.We all have much to be proud of and we are blessed.

My prayer is that for all the young me to be in the place that God has for them this upcoming draft.And to trust his decision, and everyone else as well.

The funny thing is I came on here looking at ways for my son to make the Highschool team, he did that, and his dream of playing high level college baseball,and he did that.many never do this.

When we beat ASU for the series this past weekend, it was the best.So rewarding for a team that has struggled. I looked around and thought I am at a PAC 10 series, watching my son compete against the best, beautiful field, and though there are a million kids who would love to be in this spot someday.The little league players wanting autographs.Good stuff.great stuff.

So much to be proud of, all of us.Our sons know how to persevere, battle and compete,and we are a part of that as we raised them.