Skip to main content

Reply to "Enough doom and gloom. Brag on your kid."

Adbono Your son sounds like an incredible person. You should very proud. I think it's every parents dream that their child can contribute something back to make the world a better place.

For me it's going to sound silly because he's now a freshman in HS playing 15U majors.

But my son started playing late around 9/10. He was terrible, couldn't hit, couldn't catch. But he absolutely loved baseball and would practice constantly. Little league was over and he wanted to play travel but there was no way he was good enough.

Somehow a local single A team needed a 10th player so he was able to hop on that team. We played 16 games and he never got a hit. After every game he would cry in the car to let out his frustration on the way home then we would go to the cages and hit.

In the last game he singled just over the 2nd basemen's head. We cried and jumped for joy. It was his only hit of the season but it will probably be the one I remember the most. It was the little spark that helped him to keep going.