Skip to main content

Reply to "Enough doom and gloom. Brag on your kid."

This may seem odd to a lot of posters with kids working their way up the baseball ladder. But unless a kid becomes a MLB player it’s not all that important.

My kids had a lot of success in multiple sports. Both went in to play P5 ball. But not one time ever standing at the plate matches what I felt watching them standing at the alter getting married. The first grandchild comes later this month.

Actually, if your kids do volunteer work as a result of being an athlete and impact one younger kid it’s bigger than any clutch hit they ever had.

Professionally my son has been very successful. But, being a business consultant isn’t all that exciting to discuss.

Before my daughter cashed in for the big law firm she was an Assistant DA. She put away a rich, privileged cadet who thought he was going to get away with raping a drunk coed after she passed out. His parents sent him into court with a legal team that would have made OJ proud.

The kid psychologically wrecked a young woman. He’s paying for it now in prison. Plus he wrecked his military career.

Out of law school my daughter quickly advanced to specializing in prosecuting violent crime. She had huge offers to become a defense attorney. Her experience as a prosecutor turned her against ever wanting to allow a violent criminal to wriggle free of the law. When she left prosecution she said she had to leave before becoming convinced half the world is filthy scum.

Add to grandkids: My daughter recently said she has no desire to coach kids. I told her wait until the first coach tells her kids to “squish the bug” before making the claim.

Last edited by RJM