Skip to main content

Reply to "Eric cressey article on pitcher overuse"

Stats4Gnats posted:

Jim T. posted:

…That said, I wonder why playing 30 games from February through May (Southern states) is worse than condensing 30 games from late March to May (North)?  

That’s an interesting question. In our section, CIFSJS, we’re limited to 27 regular season games + playoff games. But that doesn’t mean all of the 10 different sections here in Ca have the same limits, or that every state has the same limit. I’ve never checked to see how many games are allowed in each state, but I do know that some northern states play significantly fewer games than we do. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of how many games each state is allowed to play?

Comprehensive list...no.  Public schools in Virginia are allowed to have two scrimmages, and 20 regular season games.  This number also includes any invitational or spring break tournaments.   Playoff games for conference, regional, and state tournaments are one and done, and are in addition to the regular season number.  I'm not aware of a minimum for the Va. privates.

Last edited by GoHeels