Skip to main content

Reply to "Eric cressey article on pitcher overuse"

Do they begin low A at 16?  My understanding is they must be 18 to play here.  The Cuban player is 24.  

I am not understanding what him signing has to do with the topic?  Its apparent that ML teams are more interested in the foreign market and pay a lot of money for those players. Especially the Dodgers who throw ridiculous money at these players.

I was thinking, maybe that's why we have so many players with issues. The lure of the big $$$$ scholarships or draft causes overuse, not intentionally.  

I have to agree with Dominik, baseball isn't a sport where you move around a lot and use different muscles groups.  For younger players they should be playing other sports, not all at once, I am sure that's agreed.  Good response from a foreign player.

There are two ladies at my work whose preteens both have casts on their elbows, one had serious surgery. They have been playing year round consistently since a very young age.  Maybe this doesn't happen to latin players at a young age, but it sure does happen here...a lot.

Last edited by TPM