Skip to main content

Reply to "Evaluating pitchers"

smokeminside posted:

I'm not an expert on recruiting at the level you see your grandson at, so I can't help you with particular showcases that would allow him shine at the at level.  One good alternative no matter what level a kid is at is Headfirst.  The events you still have time to attend are in June, July and August, and the fall ones might be okay, too. Headfirst  is either in California, Long Island, NY, or Florida.  Google Headfirst baseball showcases and you'll find what you need.

I hope someone else will chime in with a little more information about stuff like WWBA. 

The WWBA is a bad idea for 50% of the field to begin with and those kids play year round. 

In State tuition at Ole Miss and MSST are about 8k a year. If they can afford to drop 2500 on a weekend at Headfirst something tells me they can afford in state tuition. 

In our town football started at age 9. Mine played soccer until 9 when it started. If he asked about a soccer scholarship now  I would probably take him back to the field where I would take him directly to the medical tent and have him checked.