Skip to main content

Reply to "Evaluating pitchers"

Kingsman posted:

... I had a good talk with him yesterday and he is just not of a mind to want to find out about his ability as a pitcher yet. ...

...The option of getting a fully paid education to play both sports at a quality prestigious school  he probably couldn’t get into otherwise, up against  still owing more than half the cost when he finishes even at a lesser school puts the question in a different light if he is really offered that choice finally. ...

Ahhhhh, all for the best, I suppose.  Now, you will be able to carry that dream with you 'til the end of time.

And the dream got even better!!  ... Now, not only was he likely to get a full ride based on his LL pitching ability but it was also going to get him accepted into a more prestigious school !!

Look, sir, in all seriousness, if financing a bigger portion of college is a true motivator, choosing an affordable school, utilizing any help pole vaulting can provide, exhausting all grant and need money available and having him work 10-20 hours a week while at school are all viable options.   I PROMISE you, baseball was not going to get him in a better school and/or more scholarship money.  

If he does make good gains in vaulting, maybe there is more scholly $ to be had there.  But the heavy rose-colored glasses have to come off so that the most effective real plan can be put in place.  Maybe the parents are already working that plan.

Last edited by cabbagedad