Skip to main content

Reply to "Evaluating private hitting coaches and methods"

perhaps we could solve the problems in Syria right after the hitting conversation is concluded....Bottom line I think good advise is to do some checking around. 

The hitting community gets very hung up on tiny details, they feel the need to defend their belief to the death, very often feel their is only one way (theirs) all others are terrible I could continue but it would just give me a headache. 

IMO swinging down to the ball is the one thing you honestly never want to hear. That is just not good. 

If your guy doesn't emphasis being athletic and aggressive in the swing and pitch count if discussing approach you are with the wrong guy. 

If your guy is teaching the exact same swing he taught 10 years ago probably should be concerned. 

If your guy is a teaching something entirely different then 10 years ago and has dismissed 100 plus years of hitting knowledge you should run away faster. 

If he gives you a 7' piece of PVC and tells you to practice hitting the ceiling while spinning half backwards as part of body feel type launch angle training thing...you have failed as a parent to use logic!! 

Remember much of what the new school is teaching is geared to generating numbers, the biggest number that matters is consistency to deliver the good numbers. I hear very little talk of this. You have to put the barrel on the baseball...the more often the better.