Skip to main content

Reply to "Evaluating private hitting coaches and methods"

Smitty28 posted:
uncoach posted:
Smitty28 posted:
uncoach posted:
2022OFDad posted:

And that is a natural swing, not an exaggerated loft swing or these crazy launch angles some guys are trying to teach. When I say “launch angle” or “loft” I am referring to a swing path that is intended to generate a deep, high fly ball, not a line-drive swing plane.

You are playing semantics.

Most high school players should be surprised when they hit a home run. If they aren’t, then they are probably physically mature or pro prospects.

A pitch coming down around 6-10 degree angle and swinging in the exact opposite, say a 13 degree attack angle is within reason.

This is precision without accuracy.  Seriously, even with a giant protractor there's no way a player or a coach can discern an angle within this tolerance.  If a coach claimed he can do this, it's best to run away.

A coach doesn't have to discern the difference. That's what gadgets like the Blast Connect and Diamond Kinetics devices discern. 

To each his own, I guess.  I wouldn't pay an instructor that couldn't tell a good swing from a bad one.

You made an ignorant comment about the different between 10 and 13 degrees. A person doesn't have to get a protractor out with modern technology available.