Skip to main content

Reply to "Evaluating private hitting coaches and methods"

2022OFDad posted:
PitchingFan posted:
2022OFDad posted:
PitchingFan posted:

I'm willing to bet my paycheck that a ball hit over the fence has a less chance of being caught than any ball that lands in the field whether it is linedrive or ground ball.  Swing for the fence and if you miss it is still hit with power.  Have to have launch angle. You can exaggerate it to the negative but have to have launch angle.

And my paycheck says your batting average will drop, your strikeout rate will increase, and your value to your team will become marginalized as you become a become a one-dimensional hitter.

Show me video of a great hitter that does not have launch angle.   Every great batter has a somewhat upward angle to their swing. 

You are being disengenuous...of course they do. We are talking about launch angle specific to lifting the baseball over the fence.

Thank you I reckon for saying I'm right and you're wrong.  Every good batter has a launch angle so why would you not teach a launch angle.  My son batted .500 and led his team in HR's and batting average so you can have both and good hitters do.  They attempt to drive the ball hard and deep unless the pitch dictates otherwise and cause backspin.  I don't get your logic to argue against teaching launch angle when you agree that it makes better hitters.