Skip to main content

Reply to "Evaluating Programs"

fenwaysouth posted:
rally posted:

My son is a RHP Class of 2017 recruit. While he really wanted a D1 Ivy, he's fielding a number of different D3 offers/overtures. At this point, he's narrowed his list down to four schools and I'm wondering if anybody here has any insight into the different programs at Wash. U., Pomona, Emory, Tufts. Thanks in advance.

Rally,

My two cents would be to pick the school based on what he wants to do after college baseball among the schools that have offered. There is still time to field additional offers, however many college coaches have shown their hands with whom they want most.  You've told us which colleges your son wants,  but you haven't shared which colleges want him.  

Whether or not to roll the dice with ED vs RD is a major decision among these schools given their very competitive admissions.

Good luck with it!

Sorry, thought that was assumed. The schools all say they want him. I suppose there is nothing written in stone but they're talking, having him come for a hosted visit, running his transcript/scores through admissions, and identifying him as a high level recruit. We've narrowed down the list because he doesn't want rural, small schools or mediocre baseball.