Skip to main content

Reply to "Ever been on the recieving end ?"

INLIMBO
Eight years ago my oldest son was cut from his HS team. He was a lefty who threw mid to upper 80's. Had played travel ball his whole life. It was devastating for both of us. I waited a week to talk to the coach (while I cooled down) and was told he was to slow. Again he was a left handed pitcher. I had all the thoughts about tranfering and going to the athletic director, everything I have read in this thread and your previous one. A very wise person whom I married to, told me that maybe it was the best thing to happen to our son. What we found out over the next two years is that our son had more character then I had given him credit for. He was at every game rooting on the team he had not made. He worked his rear end off to improve on the things the coach that had cut him told him he was lacking in. He tried out the next season and made the team. He pitched on a regular basis and had a decent JR. year and was selected ALL-State as a SR. I often wonder why he was cut. I guess he needed to grow up a little But the way he handled it was a wonderful lesson to all that were involved. Our son had a few offers after HS but decided on a Full Ride in the US NAVY. As terrible as it seemed the day we got the bad news,in our case it was a wonderful life lesson for everyone involved.
Last edited by williekc