Skip to main content

Reply to "Evoshield Canes"

D.C. Baseball posted:

How do the Canes (national and regional) teams  compare to the other large organizations? What are the pros and cons?

On the national level they're as good as it gets. Easily a top 5 program, if not the best. You know you're at the top when the guys are no longer worried about where they're committed, but how much it'll take to sign them. Their 15 and 16u teams could take out many D3 teams. The only con is playing time. Massive rosters with draft talent is not great for playing time. But on that note, you know what you're signing up for. It is also a they find you situation, no tryout for that. 

On a regional basis it varies, very hit or miss. Some are very good, others flat out stink. But I'd say in general you're getting above average baseball. They often play more regional tournaments, then the WWBA. They'll get a handful of guys to commit anywhere from the mid D1 range all the way down to JUCO. Many won't advance beyond HS though. I would avoid this unless the guy running one of the regional teams is a reputable local baseball guy with connections. Just don't expect coaches to follow the Mid Atlantic team wherever you go because of the name. It's a completely different world from the National team and often time the funding for the bus. 

I would say if you're not National or American make sure you do your homework. I think looking at their record/history at the WWBA is a pretty good measuring stick of how good the team really is. 

2019 played for a different national level team so we've run into them a bunch. If you have any questions feel free to PM. 

Last edited by PABaseball