Skip to main content

Reply to "Exit Velo Question"

BP. I’m 100% in agreement that you need to perform and square balls up in live games for EV to matter at all. I think 75 EV in BP is maybe a little above average for his age and size from what I can tell. I’m pretty confident my kid has excellent bat to ball skills. I guess what I’m trying to gauge is 75 EV in BP in the ballpark for a jump to 90+ With added size/strength by summer following Junior high school season. I’d be inclined to say no for similar scenario with pitching velocity but I’m not sure if batted EV is different in some way.

I guess what I’m trying to gauge is if he could potentially be a college prospect (maybe upper ex heal on DiII) in the future. If his EV was 65 I’d say probably not. At 75 not sure either the understanding that you never know what can happen.

Parents have to stop wondering if there kid will eventually have the potential to play college ball. The kids need to enjoy the game. If a kid wants it (college ball) he will put in the work to get there. It has to be the kid’s motivation.

There’s a point where you will notice whether or not your kid has the potential to play college ball. If he’s an early bloomer stud you will notice at fourteen or fifteen. As long as you notice by seventeen the kid will have a shot to play college ball somewhere.

What a lot of kids and parents don’t realize is college baseball is nothing like high school baseball. High school baseball is practice and games after school. Everything else is optional and on the kid. College baseball is a year round, day long schedule of training and baseball with school and studying mixed in. It’s two full time jobs.

Last edited by RJM