Skip to main content

Reply to "Exit velocity"

DALEX posted:

Have to agree with previous post that the figures on that chart do NOT MATTER in terms of bat used!  You can try to sway me on that point, but you have to explain to me how a BPF 1.15 bat can somehow impart properties to a batted ball whereby that ball will travel farther than the laws of physics will allow!   I believe bat speed is being confused with EV.  YES, for a giving bat speed, the EV will be significantly higher for the BPF 1.15 bat than it would be for wood or BBCOR.  BUT, the Exit Velocity, or speed of the ball off the bat coupled with launch angle is largely what determines how far the ball will travel. It comes down to math and physics.

USSSA BPF 1.15 bats do not defy physics, the type of composition coupled with a lighter swing weight is what causes greater EV. Bat speed commonly confused with exit velocity, but the two are very similar. Exit velocity is correlated with bat head velocity. I was not disagreeing with the chart, I was attempting to explain that bbcor and wood bats exhibit similar exit velocities.