Skip to main content

Reply to "Exit Velocity"

2020dad posted:

Tim you did nothing wrong.  And I am mystified at this idea BY SOME that numbers are more or less irrelevant.  Crazy.  Exit velo most certainly is important.  Hard to believe in this day of information anyone would even hint that it's not.  And certainly for pitchers if a kid is throwing 90+ I don't care if he walks the line up somebody is giving him a deal.  Exit velo is no different than 60 times.  Of your exit velocity is 78 not a single coach in America cares that you hit line drives against weak high school pitchers.   And if you can't hit your way out of a wet paper bag then your 6.5 60 hours time gets you a track scholarship!!   On the other hand if you have a 7.8 60 time you better reply really mash beyond belief.  There are certain qualifiers and non qualifiers.  That's just the way it is.  Another thing that made me spit out my Mountain Dew was someone saying nobody cares about. 15 yo's measurables...   in this day and age of early recruitment...   I am sure I must have misunderstood that.  Numbers matter.  Period. 

A 6.5 sixty won’t bring a track scholarship.  It wouldn’t extrapolate to a 100 or 200 time that would put him on the B relay team in the 4x100 or 4x200 in our high school.

When kids are running 4.35 to 4.5 forties they’re moving faster than a 6.5 sixty. We had some seriously fast backs and receivers in high school. Some were better in track. They didn’t have the hands, moves or balance for football. The ones that did went P5.