Skip to main content

Reply to "Exit Velocity"

I agree with Adbono, a 15 year olds numbers are relatively insignificant unless they are off the charts, which makes the kid an outlier. Those kids are on the radars of the big boys already at age 14-15. If this kid is not already being recruited by several P5 D1 schools, then we know that perhaps there may be more to the story or he needs more exposure.

FWIW, Tim, I am as described by Adbono, one of the dads who has helped guide his player to his goal, and I can honestly say that not a single coach when the talks got serious were talking about his measurables. They already had seen him play, talked to people who they trust about his abilities, and then decided after meeting my kid he was the kind of player he wanted for his program. The coach will decide if he can play against the competition his program sees regularly, and that is the main factor he addresses. Will he help my program win? Will he be eligible? Will he make my program better, be a good teammate and representative of my program and school? If so, then it may be a fit. The one measurable the coach did talk to my son about: GPA and ACT scores.

Adbono has provided me with a lot of valuable advice over the time I have known him and I would take stock in what he offers you.