Skip to main content

Reply to "exit velos at showcases"

Adding to what root says we do five swing bursts. I tell him there is no way we are wasting money on a showcase til I can be convinced he bare minimum hits 90. That means a five pitch grouping rarely goes by without at least one 90. Currently he is topping 88 so not even there yet. 85 is the highest number he can be sure of hitting in any grouping of five. If and when that 85 becomes 90 we will have a decision to make. But I also feel your pain. We were at a college camp and they told him his EV was 67. Now there is no possible way that could be accurate. We weren't going to dispute it since it made no difference really. But if it were a showcase I probably would. They had to get two kids mixed up or something. At tryouts when he was 12 he was gunned at 73 with bbcor by the organization head with a stalker. 80 the following year by same guy. Then he went to this camp. No way possible he could have been 67. It was college kids doing the gun and they were literally like 3 feet from him. I don't think the gun could react correctly. So mistakes do in fact happen.