Skip to main content

Reply to "exit velos at showcases"

c2019 posted:

Excuse me if I  ruffle some feathers , but the size of a kid doesn't always equal power! My 2019 exit velo is 93 righty he's 5'9 170lbs -lefty is 90mph but all his swings look faster live . Than off a tee.  They told him he's looks to do  damage and every swing . 

2018 his team mate 6'5 250 pounds lefty -88mph 

ive seen so many cant miss guys, miss !

exit speed is huge in our household , but it's not the end all . I've seen bigger kids get high exit in BP , but anyone can hit BP .

my 2019 did hit 89.6 off TrackMan at Lakepoint off the top of the fence when he was 140lbs in July   and the kid was throwing 75mph , so I have no idea what that means . My advice is swing as hard as you can but make sure you hit ,lol and get in the weight room ..

If that was even somewhat directed at me, I'd say sure I agree with you. Our local "player makes it big" is Joe Rizzo and he's maybe my son's height but his swing is amazing and he simply crushes balls. He's also really built.

My son is 5'10" and 175 and he's pretty ripped. He also runs a 6.95 60. But as a catcher, his pop-times were consistently 2 to 2.1 combined with his size and his exit velo, was simply not getting more than D3 looks. That's fine. Looking forward to final season of HS ball. Good luck you your 2019.