Skip to main content

Reply to "Expectations"

Horizons change as does ones reality with time. Those of us that look at the game from the prospective of our sons experiences in the past are clearly different. We have the luxury of "been there, done that."

It is easy now to say what our expectations were and how they were or were not met. It really doesn't change the anxiety of a parent whose son is looking ahead and hoping/expecting great things from baseball.

My son's baseball experience is all but done; but that has changed how I look at this forum. We (myself and a good number those that have been down the road) continue to provide guidance, tell stories of our kids experience and wish those that follow success that we may or may not have found for our sons.

Expectations are intertwined with hopes and dreams. I consider it my personal mission to help those that can benefit. At the same time; it is human nature to limit ones perspective to what they have experienced and are willing to see. Some will benefit; some don't have a chance but we continue to do it because we love the kids that play the game that for many of us define our childrens fondest memories.