Skip to main content

Reply to "Expectations of a HS Coach"

quote:
Originally posted by swingdoctor14:
KG,
Most people confuse Point of Reference with bragging and that's a shame. I too have never met you but understand all your posts. It's a shame that these members don't have the inside track on what you stand for and what you're about. They have you all wrong. I for one know where you're coming from. BTW I also know that you invite a different opinion on anything....Makes us all think.

I appreciate that post.

But I also realize what I'm dealing with. I've been banging my head against the wall as a coach and now it's sorta fun on this forum.

What's the old saying.........you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

Huh, I remember one year spending hours among hours trying to convince a family they were gonna have many opportunities at the D1 level if not better. Over and over I explained this and told them to relax..........................

But looking back, I couldn't blame them. All the BS being thrown around from folks who have no clue or experience. It's just that way and I need to accept it. But that something inside me won't let me sit back and say nothing.........

So I keep banging my head against that wall. Big Grin

The following year this player was drafted in the first round. Big Grin