Skip to main content

Reply to "Expected time commitment -High school Coach"

I can’t tell you what to do and won’t but I will tell you what I did.  Btw, I’ve been here 14 years.  Was here under a different name to start with and changed jobs.  Couldn’t log in one day and couldn’t get my password to work so began a new name.  
I was in a small town and taught hitting and pitching lessons. Became HS Hc for baseball and AC for softball.  Dropped charging all my players on either team.  It was an ethics thing for me.  Did I lose money?   Most of it but picked up others, mostly our competition but stayed above reproach.  I had to make a choice and I wanted to help our school.  They were paying me for my skills.  So you are preaching to the choir. Last year one of the dads talked me into helping Coach a Girls Softball travel team that had five of the girls I did lessons on. I stopped charging them for lessons while I was coaching them.  Again, I won’t tell you what to do but I did state my opinion and I can do that because I made the choice on multiple occasions.  You have to do you.