Skip to main content

Reply to "Expected time commitment -High school Coach"

@PitchingFan posted:

I do not think a travel coach should be paid for hitting lessons.  That is their job is to teach their players to hit.  I think any coach should not be paid to teach hitting or pitching lessons to their players.  To any other plays, charge them.  I don't have a problem with schools or colleges that allow their coaches to use their facilities to make extra money but they should not charge their players.  Again, just me. 

It can be considered a violation of some state associations if a school's facilities are used for lesson to players from other school districts.  IOWs, it might be considered recruiting and using the facilities to recruit.   You are entitled to your opinion.  That and roughly $8 will get you an extra value meal at McDonalds.  Your assumption (Note the saying about assumptions) are not accurate in all places.  You would have a coach use facilities and not charge when the coach is charged.  Personally, I'm alright with charging.  No parent is forced to use my services and the best play when the season is in.  Fortunately, my parents want my services and I'm sure other parents want the same from their coaches.