Skip to main content

Reply to "Expected time commitment -High school Coach"

I'm just stating my opinion.  I think a coach is a coach to his players and should not get paid twice.  I'm not bashing you.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  I made my choices because of my convictions.  I just saw ME as a coach to my players all year round, not just during season.  You have to do you and I have to do me.  I can appreciate you and not agree with you.  I've never questioned YOUR abilities.  I've never questioned your resume.  I just have my opinion of what a high school and travel coach should do in relation to their players.  Again, I have friends that do it and that is their choice.  But don't think the parents of those who don't use you or get to use you don't have a problem with it.  I've heard them about my friends in travel and high school.  No different than coaching your own kid like you and I have done if I remember right.  Not the best scenario but required at times.  There are those on here who will tell both of us we should never have done it but we did.  Again, I don't have to agree with your choices and you mine.  But there are choices that we make in life that are not best but good.  I fully understand where you are coming from but in this conversation I will not change my mind nor you.  But maybe some other guy or gal is reading this that is having to make this decision for them and they are hearing both sides of it.  So it gives them information to make their choice for them.  Let me also say I would never pay my child's travel coach to give my kid lessons.