Skip to main content

Reply to "Experiencing College Baseball as a parent"

My post on this topic would be too long. So maybe I will just post one thought at a time.

My sons room mate is also a sr. He came to lander the same year my son did as a JUCO AA from Kansas. Great young man from a wonderful family. He redshirted last year with TJ and found himself playing very little this year. All three outfielders have simply been rakeing all season and its tough to sit guys like that.

I pulled up at my sons house Friday around 1 PM to see that Adams dad had came for the week end. My first thoughts were "Man that's awesome all the way from Kansas and his son might not see the field." Adam had no idea his Dad was coming but sure was glad to see him.

No PT Friday night. Saturday a DH and in the second game Adam gets his first start of the year. I couldn't help but find his Dad and look to see his reaction. Big smile on his face. Later in the game down by a run Adam comes to the plate and delivers a big hit. The smile on his Dads face was priceless. Worth my trip I can tell you that.

There are many parents of players who wait for that one shot. That one at bat. That one inning. It's special. It's a family thing that many will never truly experience or understand.