Skip to main content

Reply to "Experiencing College Baseball as a parent"

Originally Posted by seventhinningstretch:

Wife and I went up for the weekend not knowing if we would see our son pitch at a preseason DII tournament. Seeing you son in a collegiate uniform and on the field still gives me goose bumps. I cannot express the feeling that I had, for most of you parents you truly understand that feeling and knowing what a great accomplishment this is.

This entire experience has been just awesome and we are very humble for all of this God has given us a great gift.

Agree 100%!

Went to see our son play a few weeks ago.  He's a freshman at a DII JUCO, but has pretty much earned the DH spot for now.

Game 1 of a doubleheader, team is down by one in the 8th.  Son gets up to bat with two outs, runner on 2nd.  Previous batter (now on 2nd) had just driven in a run on a well hit double.  I forget the count, but son hits a hard chopper up the middle. Second baseman tries to "Jeter" it but the throw is not in time and the run scores. Son is pumped knowing he drove in the tying run.  Team would win in the 9th with a walk off single.  (and better yet, wife caught the play on video so we get to relive it....ha ha)

I just think it's great to see him dressed out in a college uniform whether he plays or not.  We come to root for the team.  If he plays, it's just gravy on the turkey..

And then he calls Friday to let me know he hit his first college HR (a 3 run shot)...life is good.....