Skip to main content

Reply to "Exposure doesn't end in High School"

Originally Posted by Batsmith:

Thanks for the great information as usual on this site! We're visiting other Texas school(Trinity) and Swarthmore next week which contacted my son a few days ago. btw I posted on Ask about colleges board asking about the Centennial conference. It is very necessary to visit schools to get a feeling for both. Other than great academics, my son wants the best balance of both.  Trinity's conference is much smaller, is that an issue to be concerned with?

Not for Trinity, They will probably continue to dominate the conference. The only thing they would have to worry about is if another school would bolt, and the SCAC would lose their Automatic Bid for the NCAA playoffs. Almost happened when the SAA split off. but they were quick to pick up schools and get back to the required minimum. But I cannot imagine a year when Trinity is not vying for at least a pool C bid. If the conference did lose the auto bid I cannot imagine, they would not be a strong contender for a Pool B bid. 

Playing in a smaller conference in a place like Texas where the schools are spread out is not a bad thing. It gives them more open dates to schedule tough schools and help build their SOS. (a tough thing to do in the West Region)