Skip to main content

Reply to "Facilities"

Unfortunately, I made the mistake that mentioned 5 mounds. It may well be that because I’ve only scored at fairly large schools, 2,000 student body plus, in a large metropolitan area of Ca, that what I’m used to isn’t normal. Wink

But as to the school I’m scoring at now, and I’m not messing with other sports.

This is a fairly new school and opened in 2005. They have a V and JV field. No lights and no scoreboards. The V field has a HR fence(320'-L, 380'-LCF, 365' C. 320' -R), but the JV field does not. The way they sit, their center fields would touch each other if there were no fence. There are cages just outside the fence in RCF. Last summer, volunteers made the dugouts much bigger, and put slats in the chain link, as well as roofs on both.

We have a building that’s roughly 25X15 that serves as a snack bar, plus about 5’ of one end is used to store maintenance equipment. Last year some trees were donated and planted behind the entire outfield fence, about every 20’. We have grass IFs and automatic irrigation on both fields. At present, the only fan seating is an old set of bleachers on just the home side of the V field that was cast off from one of the other schools in the district.

The V field parking is right across the street, about 100’ from the entrance gate which is really nice, but there are no REAL restrooms. 1 nasty portapotty for the V, and the JV has to hope the doors to the gym are left open. Wink Only the V field has a mic and speakers to play music and announce the games. So far there's been no takers for the announcer's job.

Hope that’s what you were looking for.
Last edited by SKeep