Skip to main content

Reply to "Fan Message Boards"

I enjoy reading my sons team fan boards for all sports. I will admit that have also posted. I find some of them very entertaining and I especially get a kick when a parent posts talking about their player, how good he is, when he hasn't even stepped foot on the field. I know I am not the only one who gets a kick out of that. Wink

I also try to follow some other fan boards where I know players are from. Fan boards are especially entertaining right before a rivalry game and most are not ever edited. MN-Mom would be very busy on the Clemson boards right before a CU-USC east game. boxing

I got a bit of advice once from one of our very wise posters. Not all fan boards are positive toward their players, so a parent may see things that they might not agree with written about their son and has to learn to be objective. Last year there were very ugly comments made about a football player and it did start to affect his game, it got really ugly at one point and became an issue off of the boards. The players read and post as well. So it is a personal decision on what you want to do.