Skip to main content

Reply to "Farmington"

quote:
Originally posted by honest and unbiased:

I just get tired of Mr. Guthrie's constant negative comments on other events.

As I get tired of the continuous wave of self promoting events taking precedence over team events.

No matter how you look at it, it is bad for the game of baseball AS A WHOLE. Yes, there are the exceptions for the individual. Good things can happen for an individual player. But is that why we and our sons play baseball?

As a matter of fact, yes I am guilty of portraying a negitive angle of sanctions such as AC and other "showcase" type events. For this I should sincerely apoligize. Seriously.

What I really need to do is find a way, with no confrontation, to promote the team events.

It is not AC or any other sanction that I disagree with. It's the concept in general. Any event that takes away from the team concept is against what this game is about........................."In my opinion".

And I guess that's where I need to back off a bit. It is only my opinion.

I just hate to see the game centered around individual work outs vs. team oriented events.

I sincerely, will try to keep my opinions as just that........opinions. But please remember, I don't share these with false idenity. I have no shame. It is what I truely believe to be good and bad for the amatuer game as a whole.

Side note-

I had 3 very nice lengthy conversations with "baseball" people this weekend about my "opinions".

1- Professional Full Time Scout

2- High Profile Division 1 coaches.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear their point of view on the situation. I wish I had a recorder. Wink

Anyhow, I know it's a tired topic. I just can't find a way to let something I believe in so much go away.

I promise I will try, at least in a more diplomatic way.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie