Skip to main content

Reply to "FC V DAD and Pirate Fan"

FC V DAD

Congrats on the Win!

100 % right about DIII baseball having great players and teams.

If Coach Boothe and VWC had won the ODAC as a six seed I'm sure he wouldn;t have complained about it.

I think Coach Boothe wants the regionals to be like the high school regionals. A team that wins the conference regular season and the team that wins the tournament should get the bids. Only one team from such strong conferences as the ODAC and USA South just does not seem fair. Only one bid sort of belittles the regular season.

What if FC last year beach district regular season champions didn't make the regionals at ODU because they lost to Tallwood in the tournament and Salem the 7th place team for winning the tournament was the only team to go. That does not seem fair in my opinion.

The real problem is not the system, it's the NCAA. The NCAA doesn't want to pay for the extra teams. They have to buy the hotel rooms, meals, and charter buses. They dont want to spend the money that they already have.

Bridgewater regular season ODAC champs and Methodist College regular season USA-South champs and the only team in the south to win 30 games should have gotten in. Pirate Dad and UMW Dad could tell ya that York College should have gotten in along with Lagrange College. These teams shoudl be rewarded for great season. I think an eight team regional tourney would be nice, but as hot as you guys are I don't think it would have made a difference.

Once again Congrats.

Win a World Series for Virginia. Go Tigers!!