Skip to main content

Reply to "Feedback, advice etc please..."

TurnTwoNet in all honesty if I had a kid on my HS team and he felt the need to play travel ball he can do it all he wants. Just make sure my uniform and my stuff are clean when they turn it in. I truly believe it is wrong to let kids do this and it I think it's a completely selfish move.

This kid is making commitments to two teams that he can't fully keep to both - maybe one but definately not two. One team will have practice or a game at the same time as the other team so why make this kid choose and basically say "this team is more important"?

Plus think about the team mates. You got a kid named Frank who plays both HS and travel and he's a stud. Both teams depend on him to be a huge factor. On the HS team is a kid named Bobby who is not bad but he doesn't have a chance to go to college - he's a decent HS player. On the travel team you got a kid named Johnny that's basically in the same boat as Bobby. Both these guys depend on Frank who's a stud to win games and without Frank the team is much weaker. Frank is basically telling each guy "hey man we are team mates and I want you to be there for me and I'll be there for you.......unless something comes up with my other team." Frank has a bright future but this is it for Bobby and Johnny and they can possibly be cheated out of some great accomplishments in a TEAM sport and have great memories because the stud chose to go with the other team that day. It's wrong and I wish every state would adopt a rule that bans playing on two teams at once.

Im not saying pick HS over travel because all I'm saying is pick ONE or the other but not both. It's not fair to the teams or the player to be put in such a tough spot.