Skip to main content

Reply to "Final Season"

Senior night tonight. Our last home game. I've picked the music and played it over and over until I didn't get choked up when I heard it. Smile I want my last lineup to be my best!

The way we do it is that each senior and his parents are announced. Moms get flowers. As they walk onto the field, the announcer reads a short bio, then a statement from the player, and a statement from his parents. It can be pretty gut-wrenching. Then photos are taken as a parent, usually the dad (but not in my case Smile) pitches a ball to their player. Hugs all around, and we get back to baseball.

An announcer from a couple of years ago is coming back to read the statements for us, which is really great.

This is what will play during the photos: Drive
And if they take too long, this is next: Paul Simon: My Mamma Loves Me Heck, I'll find a way to get that one in some time tonight. Big Grin

I wrote in the HS reporting thread that I am bummed that 2B isn't pitching. I am! This is a fairly weak team in our district that we already run-ruled once. But it's senior night, and I think he's earned the chance to pitch in front of a big home crowd for his last regular season home game! Am I wrong to think that?

There was another nice article in the paper about the team today:
Unprecedented start for Blue Wave Baseball