Skip to main content

Reply to "Final Season"

2Bmom, when I saw your post, I read back to figure out which post it was that you interpreted as mocking you and your son. After reading back a couple pages, I concluded that one of the moderators must have deleted the offending post.

But now I see that you were reacting to Gotwood's posts!

Oh no! I can say without hesitation that his posts were simply his usual levity, and were not in any way intended to either stir up a political debate, nor disrespect your son.

We are all thrilled at your son's success this season. And I know I can speak for GotWood (because I have had the happy circumstance to have a few offline and on air discussions with him) that he too is thrilled by your son's success.

He was not in any way trying to mock you, your son, or even to insert politics into this thread. He was just doing what he has done ever since I joined this board: add his wonderfully offbeat, clever and good-natured (usually with visual aid) take on some tangent of the conversation at hand.

You have been a wonderful part of this board for a long time. I think you know that politics don't divide us here. But I think you misinterpreted Gotwood on this one.

He wasn't disrespecting you, nor politicizing anything. He was just doing what he has done for so long here at HSBBW, what has made him such an institution here: attempting to add levity in his own special way.