Skip to main content

Reply to "Finally had his Tommy John Surgery"

fonvib2012 your sons time table sounds very simular to my sons. He had the surgery july 26th. He also has gone to PT twice a week for 5 months now and will go down to once a week soon when the spring semester starts up. He is now tossing at 60 ft and if all goes well will start working at 50 percent off mound by the end of feb which will be 7 months and just as his team is getting into its season. That will be the hardest part for him I think, when his team starts to play games and he will hopefully be feeling good, but will not be playing or traveling with his team. I just keep telling him that this time next year he will be getting ready to start his first college season and it will go faster than he thinks and if he keeps up all the hard work hopefully he will be a better pitcher than he was before he tore his UCL. Its just very hard to get an 18 year old who hasnt played in a game since june and wont pitch in a real game for 18 months that it will go faster than he thinks, but so far so good and we are greatful that so far his rehab has been all positive and good.
Last edited by hisbiggestfan