Skip to main content

Reply to "Finally had his Tommy John Surgery"

New Update!!

Since son's last visit we really concentrated on doing the exercises with proper form and it has really paid off. He is a lot stronger and working the proper smaller muscles. His left shoulder is now about 95% as strong as his right. Should be at 100% by next visit in 6 weeks. We had also been doing the long toss part of the throwing rehab and were up to 110ft. No issues and he feels really strong. I on the other hand need a shoulder replacement I think...my arm is now officially a rag..lol.

After the excellent visit with the PT we are now cleared to FINALLY add flat ground work for the next 3 weeks and then MOUND work for the following 3 weeks. Just fast balls at 70-80% effort. First round was last evening and he did great and was excited. Asked him on a scale of 1-10 how excited and he said 8...was saving 10 for the mound work...lol.

So it has been a little over 9 months post-op and we are finally seeing a light at the end of this long tunnel. When we go back in 6 weeks they will shut him down for 2-4 weeks and work backwards from the start of our HS season here in NH (around March 21st) to get him prepared for the season. Want to rest his arm some before that starts.

So looking forward to 2012!!!!