Skip to main content

Reply to "Finally had his Tommy John Surgery"

Well for the first time in about 14 months my son pitched off of a mound (10 1/2 months post op) Wednesday evening. He was nervous even though he had had no set backs during long toss or flat ground work. He got on the hill and threw....and felt awesome! Nice easy mechanics throwing at about 75% or so and popping the glove. He was throwing about as hard as he was when he injured the elbow. Had a catcher there from Fresno State who offered to catch him for me (thankfully...getting old and eyes aren't so good..lol) and he was impressed by what he saw. His control was surprisingly good and his fastball still had its normal movement. Needless to say it was a very exciting day for him and me! We throw one more time on Sunday and then see the PT next week to discuss a shutdown period for rest and then the plan to have him ready to go in mid March for the start of his baseball season.

Been a lot of hard work and a few set backs with shoulder strength but we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!