Skip to main content

Reply to "Finding the right fit"

Fenway and BOF, Thank you for responding to my post.I have followed the different recruiting stories for some time now and I know for sure that you put in a lot of effort and planning to help your sons find the right fit. I applaud you for your efforts.

We always told my son take care of your grades it will pay off. After visiting a private school this week we found he can get half off the tuition just from his grades.

I've learned so much from this website and we are now putting that information to use.

Today his travel team is putting on a exposure camp and 4 schools that have interest in him will be there. It should be a fun experience.

We go to career visions in a couple of weeks I think this will help shorten the path. It may very well be that if engineering is his major he won't be playing college ball. The D3's that have engineering are probably out of our price range and the ivy league is probably out of his academic league. The Public D1's that have engineering aren't looking at him for baseball. Time wise I don't think it would be a fit anyway.

I'm sure when your son's made their final decision it must of felt like a big weight was taken off your shoulders.

Thanks again for your response.