Skip to main content

Reply to "Finding the right Juco program"

@d-mac posted:

Print his post and keep it as your playbook.  Adbono posted similar advice to me before my son went JUCO and it was all dead on.  I'm going to elaborate on a few bolded points.

Most are good at developing one side or the other.  This probably applies to 99% of all JUCO's.  The 10 that can do both are the ones that go to Grand Junction most years.  I would also add that some coaches are LH dominant.  I know kids from our area that go to a JUCO an hour away and I tell them they swing with the wrong hand to play there.  They never listen and it never works out.

We funded 16 scholarships in year one and 18 in year 2.  Most of the kids were on an equal share but there were a few kids on full scholarship.   

Coach was no nonsense and tough.  It would take one game to see that personality on the field.

We had over 30 go on to play D1 and one drafted in the 2nd round.  No one moved to D1 after one year.

@d-mac Agree.

The other important criteria is HC turnover.

All the standard questions that you ask about a program (player development, etc ), but also his network to 4 yr schools and summer league(s)

CBI-Annual-Coaching-Changes-2023

CBI-Head-Coach-Tenure-2023

Attachments

Images (2)
  • CBI-Head-Coach-Tenure-2023
  • CBI-Annual-Coaching-Changes-2023