Skip to main content

Reply to "Fireworks, baseball, & home made ice cream!! Oh yeaaaaah babah!!"

Yesterday we started off the holiday weekend by watching the Twins play the Rays at beautiful new Target Field in Minneapolis. Before the game we enjoyed a tribute to all of our armed forces, with a military band, color guard, and servicemen and women throwing out ceremonial first pitches and singing the national anthem. The ceremony was capped off by five Navy SEALs skydiving into Target Field - very cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl9WbKRNn64
(It looked more dangerous from the stands than in does in the video - it was a very windy day!)

The tribute to our military was my favorite part of the day, but we also got to watch Jim Thome tie and then break Harmon Killebrew's HR mark (573 and 574), moving Thome to 10th place all-time.

Today has been very low key - snacks on the deck and enjoying a fabulous Minnesota summer day. We're still outside on the deck, and I hear the fireworks starting up around us.

We are truly blessed to live in this great country where freedom is almost taken for granted. I have been thinking about our servicemen and women with much gratitude and thankfulness. God bless you, and God bless America!

Happy 4th, everyone!

Julie
Last edited by MN-Mom