Skip to main content

Reply to "First Impression - overcoming it?"

@BaseballGhostMom posted:

I think gaining experience in "camp" situations and under pressure is important. If families can afford it, it could be beneficial to attend one 1x/year. But I also agree with you about putting money in their pockets. It's a business and they usually know who they're wanting to see.

Absolutely agree.  My son's first camp was at an AAC school when he was in 8th grade (maybe 4'7 and 75 lbs at that point).   We were the first ones to check in.  He was amazed and thought he was king of the world lol.  Then the "big boys" started coming in.  T-shirts/jerseys from all the biggest HS's in the state.  Next thing I knew he was standing back against a railing just watching these guys come in.  Ended up being put in with some of those guys on his first rotation, which was IF.  A P5 coach was there.  He started talking to my son....threw him right into the fire at SS and pretty much stayed with him the entire day.  He came up to me afterwards and said he was impressed how well my son did, especially being his age/size and with who some of the big time guys were that were there.  From that day forward my son never had one bit of nerves at any camp he ever attended.