Skip to main content

Reply to "First Pitch Strikes"

A pitcher should never "give in" to the hitter ..

The 3rd pitch is no different then the first pitch. You still have to make a quality pitch. And I want all my guys pumping strikes. As many as they can. Keeps your defense in the game also. The fastest way to the showers is the guys who cant get the ball over. Puts hitters in the count they like. (FB Counts) Be aggressive in the zone but work down. Once your ahead in the count, then you make them hit the border line strike. I just feel like if your stuff isnt good enough to beat the guy first pitch then you might be at the wrong level. Doesnt mean throw all FB 1st pitch. GET AHEAD- STAY AHEAD, you will win many games. I think you would be amazed at how many 1st pitch strkes the guys like Maddox throw. He has never been a blow you away type guy but I assure he issnt giving in to anyone. He will however make the quality first pitch. Also help when you do miss that you have the abilty to pitch backwards. 1-0 2-1 Changeups for strikes when the hitter is in the hitters Fb count doesnt hurt him either. For me, 1st pitch strikes is the name of the game when it comes to the hill.