Skip to main content

Reply to "First Showcase Tips"

meads posted:
I know my son isn’t in the top 20% and he has some growing to do, but being that he didn’t start playing until he was 14 against kids who have been playing since they were 5, he has caught up to and surpassed many. 

A HS coach sending a first year player to a paid college showcase is very shady and very unethical. I would go as far to say slimy. 

I don't want to be too harsh, but you claim your son isn't a stud and his numbers would indicate that he is on the lower end of the spectrum. He is young, inexperienced, and still growing. Let that correct itself first before sending him to another showcase or you will be wasting a lot of money. You mention the top 20%, but that is who showcases are designed for. Of the top 20%, less than half will receive an offer to play collegiately. That kid without the belt, will get more opportunities if he is more talented. 

Nobody is here to knock your son. They're here to keep your money in your pocket and give you unbiased advice. You can do a showcase every two weeks, it is just not something that would be beneficial for you or your son right now.