Skip to main content

Reply to "First year of college baseball can be challenging."

This strikes me as one of the most honest, truthful, and realistic posts I've ever read here; one that couldn't have been easy to compose. When one lays out the bare truth like this, though, it comes from a deeply caring place for the welfare of others who might come behind it and benefit from its truth. All who do benefit from it should be grateful to Sluggerdad for laying it out there.

I've always felt that the step from high school to college baseball was indescribably immense; one of those life experiences that had to be lived in order to be fully appreciated. However, Sluggerdad's post comes pretty darned close to capturing it.

Meanwhile, all the best to Sluggerdad's son; as he navigates the new path he has chosen. Something I hope he'll keep in mind as he goes along is that there are many ways to continue to contribute to and participate in the game without necessarily lacing up the cleats. Anyone who misses it every day should be able to channel that love and passion for the game into other means of involvement in it.