Skip to main content

Reply to "Firsthand Experience"

He wanted to go to a great academic school where the weather's nice (which eliminated most of them!), and play--not sit on the bench for a year or two--for a team whose coach had connections with competitive summer leagues, as he has the aspiration and work ethic to see if he can play beyond college.  Seems like Pomona is a great school with a well-connected head coach, and is located in an area in which the weather is great for playing baseball outdoors year-round! Just wish it was a little closer to Nashville!

Baseball Dad Tn - Our journey was quite similar to yours almost down to the number of schools with "interest" (and so many that are the same schools you listed).   While I do hope my son will play quickly vs sitting initially, as he most certainly would have in D1, he's going into next fall with the mindset that he needs to go take a job from entrenched upperclassmen and Freshman who also think they will play right away.  There are no guarantees and many of the top d3 programs are littered with kids like ours.  I am sure your son will go in with the same mindset and not sit on the bench but thought I would fire off this comment.